Keto Cinnamon Rolls are a sugar-free dessert or breakfast option that are perfect for anyone following a low-carb diet.
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
If you are on a keto plan or low-carb diet, you don't have to deny yourself the everyday joys of enjoying delicious treats.
These gluten-free cinnamon rolls use a classic fathead dough to make a low-carb cinnamon roll that will satisfy the sweet tooth of anyone!
If you are asking what fathead dough is, it is a combination of egg, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and low carb flour.
Fathead dough is an excellent alternative to regular wheat flour as it is gluten-free, low carb and perfect to make a keto dough.
Click this link for more information about fathead dough and an incredible recipe for fathead pizza.
Pro-tip: Use pre-shredded Mozzarella cheese. Fresh Mozzarella contains too much water and will give you a wet fathead dough that is difficult to handle.
Make the Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Now that you've got the fathead dough put together, you're halfway there to savoring these sugar-free cinnamon rolls!
Now you will add a little baking powder to the fathead dough to help act as a leavening agent, that's a fancy word for something that helps the dough to rise.
Speaking of leavening agents, a while back we talked about the difference between baking powder and baking soda, in case you are wondering.
Next, you will roll out the fathead dough and roll out six balls, and then roll and flatten each of them out using your hands, making them as flat as possible.
Pro-tip: Oil your hands to make handling the dough easier if it the dough starts to cool off, reheat it just a bit and it will be easier to handle.
It's time to make the sugar-free filing and spread it on to the rolled-out fathead dough. This granular sugar-free sweetener works great with keto treats.
Pro-tip: Use a serrated knife to divide the dough, it will make it easier to cut through it.
After cutting each roll in half, you will end up with twelve portions. Bake them in a non-stick pan or greased skillet for 20 minutes at 350° F.
While the sugar-free cinnamon rolls are baking, it's a great time to make the sugar-free frosting.
Just combine some cream cheese, full-fat yogurt, and some vanilla-stevia (or plain vanilla extract) and mix it all together.
Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool a bit after they come out of the oven and then slather the dreamy keto frosting on them!
If you’ve tried these Keto Cinnamon Rolls or any other recipe on Platter Talk please let us know your thoughts in the comments below, we love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what we have cooking.
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
For the Fathead Dough
For the Sugar-Free Filling
- 2 tbsp Butter soft at room temp (OR 2 tbs hot water)
- 4 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Granular sugar-free sweetener
For the Sugar-Free Frosting
- 2 tbs Cream cheese regular, full-fat
- 1 tbsp Yogurt Greed or full-fat
- 2 drops Vanilla stevia or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Use a small saucepan over low heat to melt the Mozzarella and cream cheese together. Or, melt the cheese in a microwave-safe bowl, on 50% power for two minutes. Stir the mixture halfway through and do not allow to bubble.
- Allow the cheese mixture to cool slightly, then add the egg. Next, work in the almond flour with a fork and add the baking powder. Use your (oiled) bands to form a smooth ball of fathead dough.
- Divide the dough into six balls and form them into long ropes and then use the palm of your hands to flatten them as thin as possible.
- Make the filling by adding the granular sweetener and cinnamon to the butter (or hot water) and stir it all together. Next, spread the cinnamon filling over each of the flattened out pieces of dough. Roll each of them up to make a roll and cut each roll in half using a serrated knife. Bake in a non-stick pan or greased skillet, for 20 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, combine the ingredients for the sugar-free frosting. When the rolls come out of the oven, allow them to cool for 5 or 10 minutes, then spread the frosting on top of the rolls.
Keto Macro Nutrients
- Calories: 128
- Net Carbs 1 g.
- Protein 5 g.
- Fat 10 g.