Our Keto Pizza is a winner of a low carb pizza recipe that uses a fathead pizza dough and is a great option for those following the keto diet or are looking to cut carbs without cutting taste.
At just 3 net carbs per slice and 20 minutes to make, this easy keto pizza is a win-win!
Low Carb Pizza Recipe
The secret to a good keto pizza is the crust.
After all, its fairly easy to choose toppings for a keto pizza, by sticking to the principles behind a keto diet.
Keep things high in fat, moderate in protein, and as little to no carbohydrates as possible.
Ingredients For this Low Carb Pizza Crust
- mozzarella cheese
- cream cheese
- almond flour
- use super-fine almond flour
- baking powder
To make this low carb pizza crust recipe, you're going to shred the mozzarella cheese and combine it with the cream cheese.
Microwave the two together for about 45 seconds and then stir until they are full incorporated with each other.
Next, you just add the egg, almond flour along with the other ingredients and stir till it's all mixed together well.
We use baking powder in this crust for keto pizza for a little rise in the dough.
Italian seasoning is added for extra flavor and to help compensate for the blandness of almond flour.
Other seasonings to help amp up the flavor of this low carb pizza crust include:
- a variety of cheese
- shredded or
- grated Parmesan,
- grated Gruyere
- grated Gouda
- pink Himalayan salt
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- fennel seeds
This keto pizza dough will be wet and sticky. To roll it out, oil your hands with olive oil and pat it down on some parchment paper.
You can pat the whole dough flat with your hands, or place a top layer of parchment paper on top and roll it out that way.
You'll bake this crust for this low carb pizza twice.
- Once for 10 minutes and then a second time, after the topping are on it.
- For the first bake, bake the crust on both sides.
- Flip it over mid-bake to make sure the crust is nice and crisp.
Keto Pizza Topping Ideas
The beautiful thing about this low-carb pizza recipe is that you can customize the to toppings to your liking.
The sky is the limit, just be sure to stick to the regular keto guidelines:
- High Fat
- Moderate Protien
- Low Carbs/Low Sugar
Options for great-tasting keto pizzas:
Kitchen Sink Low Carb Pizza
- Red onion
- Banana peppers
- Mozzarella cheese
BLT Keto Pizza
- Mayonnaise (full fat)
Bacon Cheeseburger Keto Pizza
- Ground beef (browned)
- Bacon (fried and chopped)
- Red onion
- Mayonnaise (full fat)
- Cheddar cheese (shredded)
Choose your keto pizza topping and pop the whole thing back in the oven for another 5-8 minutes.
As with all pizzas, let it set for five minutes before slicing, after it comes out of the oven.
There are many versions of Fathead Pizza Dough and you have to find what works best for you.
These are a kitchen tips that might help you to make a better low carb pizza crust.
- Xantham gum can make the dough easier to work with by making it stick together better.
- Psyllium husks or flax meal can improve the structure, making it easier to handle and easier to eat.
- Baking soda can enhance the "rise" of the fathead dough.
If you have a great low carb pizza dough recipe, we would love to hear it.
That, or any hints and improvement for making keto pizza that you may stumbled upon during your keto journey.
More of our popular keto recipes:
See all of our homemade pizza recipes here.
If you’ve tried this recipe for Keto Pizza or any other recipe on Platter Talk, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below, we love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what we have cooking.
For the Low Carb Pizza Crust
For the Pizza Topping
- ½ cup Low-carb tomato sauce
- 4 oz fresh Mozzarella
- 4 basil leaves fresh, torn
- Place a pizza stone on the center rack of your oven and then preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the shredded Mozzarella and cream cheese in a glass bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Add the rest of the ingredients for the low carb crust and mix thoroughly.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper and apply a light coating of olive oil to your hands. Flatten the dough out slighlty and then placed another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough. Roll the dough out, using a rolling pin, to ¼ inch thickness. Use your hands, if desired, to help shape the dough.
- Use a pizza peel if you have one and transfer the pizza dough onto the hot pizza stone. Bake for five minutes and then flip the crust and bake for another five minutes. Remove from oven and top with your keto-friendly toppings of choice.
- Bake the pizza for another five minutes or so, unti; the cheese topping is brown and bubbly.