Roasted Garlic Squash & Parsley is a fresh, healthy, and seasonal side dish. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or fancy holiday get together, this recipe is full of color and flavor.
Roasted Garlic Squash & Parsley
Often times, when entertaining, it’s easy to forget that simple doesn’t have to be boring or routine. This Roasted Garlic Squash & Parsley recipe is a perfect example. When we decided to put an impromptu fall dinner party together last night, we made an inaugural trip to our brand new Costco and part of our haul included a couple of pounds of diced and sliced butternut squash.
This Roasted Garlic Squash & Parsley recipe was a perfect complement to an evening of good friends and good food in mid-autumn. Low in fat, and effort, this recipe is high in flavor, color and health. Even better, it can be put together in a snap and for just a few dollars. Next time you’re making dinner for the family, or getting ready for a special dinner or holiday meal, keep in mind that something simple can be a big part of something fantastic. Happy fall! -Dan
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
Roasted Garlic Squash & Parsley Recipe
- 2-3 pounds winter squash such as butternut, buttercup, kabocha or hubbard, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss squash with 4 teaspoons oil, salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout and lightly browned, 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the variety of squash).
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Toss the roasted squash with the garlic and parsley. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve.