Slow Cooker Beef Tip Recipe from Platter Talk
Slow Cooker Beef Tips Dinner
O.K., I guess it isn’t a secret. People have been using crock pots for years to slowly cook and tenderize tougher cuts of meat. I use it for the sheer convenience of being able to put something together before I go to work so that dinner is waiting for us when we all return home from our day’s adventures. Recently while I was at the grocery store I spotted a package of stewing meat on sale. I immediately knew that it was destined to find a home in my crock pot and become Slow Cooker Beef Tips.
As you know, we have a bunch of boys. Between them and work, there really isn’t a whole lot of time left in the day. That is why it is important for me to use my time wisely and plan our meals ahead. To take this a step further, when using my crock pot, I try to get everything ready the night before so that in the morning I can just dump all my ingredients in, turn on the crock pot and get on with my day. For these Slow Cooker Beef Tips, I actually browned my stewing meat with some onions and garlic in a pan on the stove the night before. Not only did I get a head start on the dish, but it also added a whole another depth of flavor because I browned my meat. Did I mention that there may or may not have been some red wine used to de-glaze the pan? Alright, who are we kidding? Of course there was red wine used.
The next morning this meal went together in a snap. I took out the meat from the refrigerator, added a few cans of cream of mushroom soup, some beef broth and turned on the crock pot to low. Upon my return, the house smelled heavenly. All I needed to do was to stir in a little sour cream and boil some egg noodles. Within fifteen minutes we were all sitting down enjoying this delicious meal. Do your family a favor and make these Slow Cooker Beef Tips. They will thank you for it. Enjoy. -Scott
Expert Food Hint
Take some leftover sauce and stir a little sour cream or heavy cream into it, then pour over noodles.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips Dinner
- 1 1/2 lbs Stewing Beef cubed
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 10 oz cans Cream of Mushroom Soup low sodium
- 10 oz Beef broth low sodium
- 2-3 tbs sour cream -more or less to preferred tasted and creaminess
- salt and pepper to taste
- The night before:
- In a skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add meat and season with a little salt and pepper.
- When the meat starts to brown, add onions and minced garlic and continue to cook until the onions take on a golden color and soften.
- Stir in the red wine and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool and place in refrigerator.
- The morning of:
- Place meat mixture into the crock pot.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and beef broth.
- Stir until everything is well blended.
- Place lid on crock pot and turn on low for approximately 4-6 hours.
- Prior to serving stir in sour cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noodles.