Sweet potato souffle is a fast and easy Thanksgiving side dish you need to try this year. As a bonus, prepare this as a make-ahead side dish and pop it in the oven a half hour before dinnertime!
What is this?
This sweet potato souffle is southern recipe that is similar to a sweet potato casserole but with a smoother texture. It has a sweet crunchy topping that can be customized to your own taste.
What’s in it?
You’ll need about 3 large sweet potatoes for this easy holiday side dish. The rest of the ingredients are common pantry staples that you probably already have in your kitchen!
How to make this
Not only is this sweet potato souffle easy to make, you’ll only need a few tools from your kitchen:
You can freeze this but because of the eggs, you’ll want to bake it first. Allow it to cool and then seal or wrap to keep it air-tight.
If you have a nut allerguy or just dont’ care for nuts, you can easily substitute any of the following:
- Crushed pretzels
- Roasted seeds (pumpkin, squash, sunflower)
- Dried cranberries, raisins, golden raisins
- Roasted chickpeas
What to serve with this
Sweet potato souffle can be be served as a savory side dish to many different main dishes. It’s perfect as a Thanksgiving side dish or for Sunday supper. Here are a few of our favorite things to go along with this easy recipe.
- Herb-Roasted Turkey Tenderloin
- Simple Roast Chicken
- Prime Rib
- Bacon-Wrapped Lamb Meddalions
- Roasted Savory & Citrus Turkey
Other Sweet Potato Recipes
🧑🍳 Tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏭️ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬 Get our recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Sweet Potato Soufflé
- 9 x 13-inch casserole pan
- Wooden spoon
- Large mixing bowl
- 3 Cups Sweet Potatoes Cooked and mashed, about 3 large sweet potatoes
For the Filling
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- ½ Cup Butter Melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Using a wooden spoon and a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the filling and stir together until creamy. Use a spatula to transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- Mix the topping ingredients until crumbly, then sprinkle over the filling. Bake for 30 minutes.