These White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are a soft and festive holiday recipe that will make Santa count the days until his return to your rooftop and into your home.
These holiday cookies are being made as part of our participation in a “Freaky Friday” group of food bloggers who get together once every season and recreate the recipe of another member to whom they are secretly assigned. Our past Freaky Friday Recipes have turned out to be some of our most popular and this season we are completely thrilled to make these White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies that came from one of our very favorite food blogs, Hostess at Heart. We will be sharing a few of her recipes at the end of this post but first let’s get down to baking business with these White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
- White chocolate chips
- Peppermint candy
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
As with many recipes, you can easily mix up the ingredients just a bit if you like and make these White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies your own. For instance, crushed candy canes would be perfectly suitable in lieu of the peppermint candy and there’s no law on the books that states you must use white chocolate chips. IMHO (in my humble opinion, as I’ve learned that they say in the cooking hood), semi-sweet chips would work just as well. Because this original recipe from Hostess at Heart is perfect the way it is, we made no changes and obviously had delicious results.
Take a look at the short video below that shows just how easy these White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are made. We hope you give them a try this holiday season; Santa is sure to thank you too! -Dan
More easy cookie recipes
- Festive Christmas Cookie Bars
- Snowball Cookies Recipe
- Cherry Christmas Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cornflake Cookies
- Hazelnut Biscotti
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and then line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Use whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Using an electric stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy for about 3 minutes. Add sugar, vanilla, and eggs, making sure to between each ingredient.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ones. Stir to combine. Add Chocolate Chips and crushed peppermint and then mix on low until well combined.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 30 minutes, covered.
- Scoop batter into 1-inch balls and place t on prepared baking sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes or until cookies are ghtly brown on the edges.
- Cool on a baking sheet and then remove parchment paper to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely and then store in air-tight container.
Hostess at Heart is truly one of our favorite sites, for many reasons. Always original and always in good taste, the lady behind this site consistently creates and photographs some of the most delicious food you have ever seen. Take a look at this small sample of Julie’s work and please be sure to follow her on social media and take advantage of her free email subscription service!