These White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are a soft and festive holiday recipe that will make Santa count the days until his return to your rooftop and into your home.
These holiday cookies are being made as part of our participation in a "Freaky Friday" group of food bloggers who get together once every season and recreate the recipe of another member to whom they are secretly assigned. Our past Freaky Friday Recipes have turned out to be some of our most popular and this season we are completely thrilled to make these White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies that came from one of our very favorite food blogs, Hostess at Heart. We will be sharing a few of her recipes at the end of this post but first let's get down to baking business with these White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
- White chocolate chips
- Peppermint candy
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
As with many recipes, you can easily mix up the ingredients just a bit if you like and make these White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies your own. For instance, crushed candy canes would be perfectly suitable in lieu of the peppermint candy and there's no law on the books that states you must use white chocolate chips. IMHO (in my humble opinion, as I've learned that they say in the cooking hood), semi-sweet chips would work just as well. Because this original recipe from Hostess at Heart is perfect the way it is, we made no changes and obviously had delicious results.
Take a look at the short video below that shows just how easy these White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are made. We hope you give them a try this holiday season; Santa is sure to thank you too! -Dan
More easy cookie recipes
- Festive Christmas Cookie Bars
- Snowball Cookies Recipe
- Cherry Christmas Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cornflake Cookies
- Hazelnut Biscotti
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter softened to room temperature.
- 1 ¼ cups greanulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temprature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and then line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Use whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Using an electric stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy for about 3 minutes. Add sugar, vanilla, and eggs, making sure to between each ingredient.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ones. Stir to combine. Add Chocolate Chips and crushed peppermint and then mix on low until well combined.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 30 minutes, covered.
- Scoop batter into 1-inch balls and place t on prepared baking sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes or until cookies are ghtly brown on the edges.
- Cool on a baking sheet and then remove parchment paper to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely and then store in air-tight container.
Be sure to check out all of the great holiday cookie ideas from this round of Freaky Friday!
An Affair from the Heart - Mocha Rum Balls
A Dish of Daily Life - Cherry Pie Cookies
A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures - Black Forest Rum Balls
Bacon Fatte - Mexican Wedding Cookies
The Devilish Dish - Rosé Meringue Cookies
Full Belly Sisters - Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Hostess at Heart - Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars
LeMoine Family Kitchen - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dippers
Life Currents - Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
Pic Nic - Lemon and Blueberry Bars
Take Two Tapas - Savory Pecan Cornmeal Biscotti Bites
Seduction in the Kitchen - Orange Snowball Cookies
Who Needs a Cape? - Almond Raspberry Thumbprints
Michele @ Bacon Fatte
These cookies will add the perfect pop of peppermint to my cookies trays this year... Yum!
White chocolate and peppermint are so good together! Love these!
These are just the PERFECT Christmas cookie!! I love peppermint!!
Dan from Platter Talk
Definitely need to make a batch of these cookies! I love that peppermint brightness in sweet treats! What a great recipe!