Apple-Grape Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette is yet one more example of great things coming in small packages. The taste of this one really took me by surprise, after all how much flavor can you get from an apple and a hand full of grapes? Throw in a few of the right adjuncts and the answer is quite a bit.
Apple-Grape Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Fast and fresh, this crunchy fruit salad tastes as good as it looks. With just the right amount of sweet and tart going on, this Apple-Grape Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette makes a great accompaniment to just about anything you can think of. Or, enjoy it solo – it’s every bit as great tasting on its own as well. Thin slices of Granny Smith apples, combined with plump and juicy seedless red grapes, are tossed about in a flavorful vinaigrette. The dressing is made up of white vinegar, honey, and some fresh orange zest and juice. This little beauty is crowned with a splattering of toasted walnuts, befitting a dessert suitable for royalty. Or you. Try this one today, you’re going to love it. -Dan
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
- 1 Granny Smith Apple thinly sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved.
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces toasted
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- juice and zest from 1/2 fresh orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine apple and grapes, in medium size bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, and orange juice and zest.
- Toss the fruit with the vinaigrette. Place in serving bowls and top with toasted walnuts.