Chocolate cookies are one of Santa’s favorite cookies and these chocolate cake mix cookies are a fast and fail-proof way of making them quick and easy.
As a bonus, they come with a soft, gooey and minty surprise in the center!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with ChristmasSweetsWeek. All opinions are our own.
Peppermint Pattie-Stuffed Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
These chocolate cake mix cookies are perfect for this year’s holiday cookie exchange, and there’s a hidden surprise inside that everyone will love!
Ingredients for These Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate cake mix
- Baking powder
- Canola oil
- York Peppermint Pattie Minis
You’ll start this chocolate cake mix cookie recipe by combining a box of chocolate cake mix with baking powder, eggs, and canola oil.
Bake’s Hint: Using room temperature eggs will help these chocolate cookies to bake more evenly.
Once you have the batter put together for these chocolate cookies, you’re going to form small balls of dough and place them on a prepared cookie sheet.
After you have the peppermint pattie in the center of each cookie, fold the dough over to completely cover it.
Bake these chocolate cake mix cookies for about 10 minutes at 350°.
If you’re not a fan of peppermint patties, you can stubstitute any number of other treats inside.
- Dove Chocolates
- M & Ms
- Tootsie Rolls
- Peanut Butter
We have many more Christmas and Holiday Cookies that you will love. Some of our most popular ones include:
Follow this link for more York Peppermint Pattie Recipes
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Stuffed with Peppermint Patties
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 14 York Peppermint Patties minis
- sprinkles for decorarting
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl and set aside. Next, using a separate mixing bowl, combine eggs and oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Take some dough and form a small ball, about 1 inch in diameter. Place on prepared cookie sheet, flatten it out and set a peppermint pattie in the center. Fold the dough over to completely cover the mint and top each cookie with a pinch of colored sprinkles.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes. Allow each chocolate cookie to cool slightly before transferring to wire rack. Then, allow to cool completely.