Today I’m showing you how to make lemon cookies from cake mix. It’s another simple cookie recipe that’s perfect to help get your kids in the kitchen.
Of course I’ll always use any excuse I can find to make bake cookies that are this good!
What are these?
These lemon crinkle cookies look and taste just like the ones your grandmother made. There is a good reason for this: This probably is the recipe for your grandma’s cookies!
Ready to dunk in 20 minutes, these should be mandatory in all American households. I have pretty strong opinions when it comes to cookies, in case you haven’t noticed.
What’s in them?
One thing that makes these lemon cookies so great is the ingredient list. Or, how small it is. There are only five!
How to make them
(Full recipe at end of post)
As always, make sure you have everything you need.
If you can plan ahead an hour or two, let the eggs come to room temperature before using them. This will help the cookies to bake more evenly.
Pro Baking Tip: How to bring eggs to room temperature quickly.
- Mix all the ingredients except the powdered sugar.
- Make a ball of dough for each cookie and roll it in the powdered sugar.
- Place the cookies on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes until the bottoms are lightly brown.
Use a white, lemon cake mix to make these lemon crinkle cookies.
Instead of fresh lemon juice, you can use 1 teaspoon of lemon extract.
You can make the dough ahead of time and freeze until ready to use. Roll each cookie portion in the powdered sugar after thawing.
- Seal in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
A Few of our Other Favorite Lemon Desserts
These lemon cake mix cookies are perfect for bake sales, birthday parties, work parties, and so much more!
Be sure and let us know if you made this recipe by leaving a comment below. We love hearing from our readers!
Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- 1 box Lemon cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice (or 1 teaspoon lemon extract)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375° and allow your eggs to come to room temperature.
- Add eggs, oil and lemon juice (or extract) and mix until well blended.
- Drop teaspoons full of dough in powdered sugar and form into a ball. Roll until lightly covered. Once sugared put on an ungreased cookie sheet ( You can use parchment paper on a cookie sheet).
- Bake for about 10 until bottoms are lightly browned. (My oven takes 12 mins)
- You can use 1 teaspoon of lemon extract if you don’t have fresh lemon juice.
- Rolling in powdered sugar is optional.