S’mores cookies are the perfect way to celebrate the height of summer while indoors in an air-conditioned house.
Or, at a summer lake cottage, which is how this slightly messy but perfectly summer s’mores dessert came to be.
Tuesday afternoon it was 95 degrees in the shade – not exactly campfire fire weather at the cottage but that never stops us from eating campfire food, especially S’mores.
We’ve made them in the microwave, under the broiler, and now with this great recipe from Cuisine at home magazine, we put some s’more cookies together on a cookie sheet.
How to Make S’mores Cookies
Here’s what you need to make this chewy and chocolatey cookie:
1. Start by combing the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt.
2. Then, use q mixer to cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
3. Beat in an egg and the vanilla
4. Add the flour mixtures until it’s all mixed together well.
5. Use a measuring tablespoon to scoop out dough onto aparchment paper-lined (or greased cookie sheet).
6. Bake at 350° for eight minutes
7. Top each cookie with a marshmallow and bake for another seven minutes, until the marshmallows start to turn a golden brown.
8.Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool about 5 minutes before crowing each one with a segment of Hershey’s bar.
These s’more cookies are not only fun to make, they are fun to eat – seriously.
Isn’t that the whole idea behind s’mores?
Soft chocolate and chewy marshmallow all topped on a graham cracker and peanut butter cookie.
Be sure and give this easy s’mores dessert a try, they are a great way to bring a little summertime into your kitchen!
FAQ for S’mores Cookies
Can you freeze s’mores cookies?
- If you want to freeze these cookies, roll them into dough balls as directed then seal them air tight with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for up to six months.
- Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then finish baking as directed.
- 1 cup all-purpose four
- ¾ cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 large marshmallows halved horizontally
- 48 Hershey's chocolate bar pieces 4 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, use mixer to cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Mix until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla
- Combine flour and butter mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Use measuring tablespoon to scoop out dough onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies 8 minutes. Top each with a marshmallow half and bake until golden brown, about 7 more minutes.
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then press chocolate pieces on top.