Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie Poppers
on Sep 25, 2015, Updated Oct 13, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie Poppers – Have you ever made a delicious flop? How about a gorgeous mistake? Admittedly, most of my misses in the kitchen are not delicious. Nor are they usually even remotely gorgeous.
There are exceptions to every rule and I’m here to say that these Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie Poppers were both delicious and gorgeous, if I may be so bold to say.
I’m far from a professional baker. I’ve been around enough of them to know better. That said, I don’t have many misses in the kitchen. Not major, inedible, unusable ones.
This recipe, which started as something else, met all three criteria. Call it a disaster of the trifecta order.
Fortunately, it ended at the other end of the culinary spectrum : with these cinnamon pumpkin pie poppers. A gorgeous mistake, of sorts.
I suppose it’s hard to screw up too badly with anything that ends up tasting like a pumpkin pie. When it’s your own personal bite size pumpkin pie, even better.
These Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie Poppers took me completely by surprise. As an alternative to what I originally intended, I was only hoping they would be satisfactory to share with you, our reader.
Turns out, they are not only satisfactory, they are something that I want you to try.
Easy, yet elegant and fancy enough for a party or special event, they are also super simple to make.
A sheet or two of some store-bought puff pastry, a can of packed pumpkin, along a few other ordinary pantry staples and a muffin pan; that’s all it takes!
If all of my flops in the kitchen turned out this wonderful, I would take my kitchen endeavors far less seriously.
This is a great recipe to make with your kids and for your kids. They’ll love helping you in the kitchen and they will especially love their own bite-size treats.
But you don’t need to be a kid to love these little pumpkin poppers. Give them a try and let me know if you agree. -Dan
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie Poppers
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 can packed pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- toasted walnut pieces for garnish, optional
- whipped cream topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pumpkin and sugar in medium size mixing bowl.
- Add egg and stir til well combined, fold in flour.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together well.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet on lightly floured surface til approximately 11″ x 13″
- Use a wide-mouthed drinking glass (approx 3″ in diameter) to cut out rounds of puff pastry.
- Place each round in a muffin tin, mold rounds to fill each tin.
- Use teaspoon to fill rounds with pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with optional ingredients, if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.