It’s high summer here in Wisconsin and no one is enjoying it more than our family. Our kids have been enjoying the lake on weekends, with lots of swimming, fishing and kayak races. The grown-ups have been equally thrilled to bask in the season and all the foods of summer.
Never miss another great Platter Talk Recipe
- 3 ears leftover sweet corn
- 4 sweet baby bell peppers thinly sliced with seeds removed
- 1 can low or reduced sodium black beans drained
- 2 avocados diced in small cubes
- 1 small red onion chopped 3/4 cup
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 hand full cherry tomatoes washed, rinsed and quartered
- 1 cup chopped cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup cilantro washed, rinsed and chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves chopped or pressed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Kosher salt to taste 1-2 teaspoons
- Crushed black pepper
- 2 large cucumbers washed and sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add corn and peppers, stir continuously over medium high heat until slightly blackened.
- In large mixing bowl combine the above with remaining ingredients, except for sliced cucumbers.
- Serve immediately on cucumber chips or cover, seal and refrigerate until ready to serve.