White bean and sausage soup can be made in just 30 minutes using one pot.
Besides being delicious, this white bean soup recipe will feed a family of six for about $10.00 or less.
Read on to learn how to make one of our favorite bean soup recipes.
White Bean and Sausage Soup is all about flavor and ease, not a bad combination by any means.
This cannellini bean soup all starts by browning some sausage in a large soup pot or skillet.
Because it's my favorite pan in the kitchen, I like to use my enamel coated skillet when making this sausage bean soup.
I like this skillet so much that I gave it a name, William.
For good or bad, that practice seemed to catch on in my kitchen.
And much to the chagrin of my boys and spouse, I now have quite a few named pots, pans and a sundry of baking dishes in my kitchen cupboards
It's not all bad; giving my pots and pans each a name is just one more reason for my family to make fun of me.
Besides feeding them, I take pride in entertaining them on occasion.
After the sausage is browned, some diced onions and fennel are added to the pan and sauteed.
Next, some dry white wine is added to the pan to deglaze.
Before you can say "Soup's On!", you've got a big pot that looks something like this, front and center on your kitchen stove.
What's in this?
- Sweet Italian sausage
- White Wine
- Chicken broth
- Cannellini Beans
- Baby Spinach
- Salt and Pepper
If you're looking for hearty winter soup to enjoy, this sausage and bean soup is just the ticket.
Give this cannellini bean soup a try this week and be sure and let us know how you like it.
Keep it warm and keep it delicious.
Lately, I have been making our homemade crusty bread recipe, like it's going out of style.
It's the perfect combination for this bean soup recipe.
Pro tips for making homemade soup
- Serve this white bean soup in a preheated bowl.
- It will stay warmer for a longer period!
- Fun food trivia:
- In the old days, soup was always served in mugs to help keep it from cooling down too fast.
Other delicious soup recipes
If you’ve tried this white bean and sausage soup or any other recipe on Platter Talk, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below, we love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what we have cooking.
White Bean and Sausage Soup
- 1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 medium size white onion coarse dice
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 cups marinara sauces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 32 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup small pasta shells
- 1 14 oz can cannellinii beans rinsed and drained
- 2-3 cups baby spinach a few handfuls
- salt and pepper
- Heat large soup pot or skillet over medium high heat and brown sausage, using a wooden spoon to break it up. Add onion and fennel, saute for about 4 more minutes until onion is soft. Add wine to pan and delglaze, using wooden spoon,.
- Add marinara and chicken broth, bring to low simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and cook to desired consistency. Stir in beans, add salt and pepper to flavor.
- Just before serving, stir in baby spinach until wilted and then ladle into serving bowls and serve immediately.