Cake Batter Puppy Chow is a great treat and also a good way to get your kids in the kitchen. Good luck keeping your hands out of the goody bowl though!
What is this?
Our kids don’t get on the site and do a post often enough, although it is not for lack of interest on their part. They enjoy being a part of Platter Talk and as a result, the dads in the family could not be happier that our boys have an interest in this passion of ours.
Like most things in life, it’s all about timing. Finding the time, ingredients, and ultimately finding the patience.
We’ve done a couple of features showcasing the culinary talents of our junior chefs and when our fifth-grader Isaiah asked if he could put something together this weekend at the cottage, my answer was an enthusiastic “Yes!” Here goes the keyboard to Isaiah and James, working together they put this little ditty together in fine order.
I got this recipe for Cake Batter Puppy Chow from school and therefore I thought it was pretty cool. My friend James came over and I thought it would be fun to make. Earlier in the day, I fished the entire time while my dads did spring yard work.
James is planning to sleep over for the night and we will have a bonfire with pizza and movies too. Overall this Cake Batter Puppy Chow was a fun dish to make, and quite tasty. It has been a great weekend at our cottage maybe we can make other good things soon.
Cake Batter Puppy Chow from Platter Talk
Dads’ note: There was in fact a bonfire that ensued, along with pizza, s’mores, and a movie. Not a bad Saturday night with our boys and one of their good friends, James; as nice of a boy as you’ll ever meet.
We’ve done a similar post that you might enjoy as well: Lemon Crunch Buddies. Our kids also made this Marble Cake recipe from scratch!
See more of our snack recipes on Platter Talk.
🧑🍳 Tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏭️ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬 Get our recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Cake Batter Puppy Chow
- 5 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- ½ bottle sprinkles
- ¾ cup yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, measure the cereal
- In a different microwave safe bowl, pour in the bag of chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Pour melted chips over the cereal and gently mix with a rubber spatula.
- Add sprinkles and mix until cereal is evenly covered.
- Using either a 1 gallon container or a brown paper bag, pour the covered cereal into it. Add the cake mix and the powdered sugar. Put the lid on the container or fold the bag down tightly Shake until the cereal is completely covered.