Slow Cooker Salisbury Burgers – This past weekend at our cottage in the middle of Nowhere, WI, we experienced a rainy, cool lazy day. Normally, we would be outside at the BBQ, grilling up some fabulous burgers. However, who wants to stand out in the rain to cook? Definitely not me. Instead I enlisted the help of our cottage crock pot and had a scavenger hunt in the cupboards with the kids to find the ingredients we would need to come up with our dinner and keep me dry and inside. The outcome was an easy, delicious Slow Cooker Salisbury Burgers, my tribute to Salisbury steaks.
Slow Cooker Salisbury Burgers
I remember growing up when my mom would buy a package of frozen, Salisbury steaks. Our family loved them. I am sure that my mom would buy them to give herself a break from cooking from scratch for her seven kids. So I decided to use our crock pot and a pack of prepattied burgers that Dan picked up from our local grocery store for my convenience with these Slow Cooker Salisbury Burgers.
This meal went together in a snap. By using a can of cream of mushroom soup as our sauce base, we amped up the flavor by using onions, garlic, beef stock, and red wine. All things that we normally have on hand. The funny thing is that we ended up with a family sit down meal, which we would not have had with plan burgers. If you didn’t know that the meat started off as pre-pattied burgers, you would never know the difference
You don’t need a rainy day to make Slow Cooker Salisbury Burgers. Think about it. Make it as a meal during the week for your family. What a great treat for you because of the ease of preparation and for your family because of the flavor. Enjoy. -Scott
- 6 1/4 # hamburger patties
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 can beef broth using mushroom soup can for measurement
- 1/2 can red wine using mushroom soup can for measurement
- 2 TBS minced garlic use more or less for taste
- 1 TBS dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to season burger patties
- Add to the crock pot mushroom soup, beef broth, red wine, minced garlic, rosemary and sour cream.
- Using a whisk incorporate all ingredients until well blended.
- Season hamburger patties with salt and pepper. Instead of salt and pepper you can use Chicago steak seasoning for a little more flavor.
- Place two patties in the crock pot and spoon sauce over until covered.
- Continue that previous step until all patties are in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.