Orange Chocolate Chunk Dream Cookies – Featuring the classic flavor pairing of chocolate and oranges, these cookies also have pudding mix in them making them soft, chewy, and dreamy delicious.
Orange Chocolate Chunk Dream Cookies
A few days back, I stopped in to a nearby Amish food store where there is always an array of bulk baking ingredients. One of the items I picked up was some orange dream pudding mix. Not sure how I would be using it, I felt confident I could come up with something yummy. And dreamy delicious.
Going through the kitchen cupboards of our small weekend lake cottage, I found some dark chocolate, all the ingredients necessary for chocolate chip cookies, and some oranges I had picked up on my way in.
Without knowing precisely what I would be making, I turned my oven on, grabbed a baking stone and went to work. Before too long, I was pulling these Orange Chocolate Chunk Dream Cookies out of the oven and on to the cooling rack. I love the soft and chewy character of these orange and chocolate treats. These cookies received rave reviews from our crew of boys and if you want to forgo the milk, they go great with a glass of cold orange juice. Go ahead an dunk, we promise not to judge.
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cups butter, softened
- ¾ cups packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) packages instant orange pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 4 oz. dark chocolate bar, broken into small pieces
- ½ cup toasted coconut as garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs, vanilla and orange zest. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chunks. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
- Garnish with optional toasted coconut, if desired.