If you’re looking for easy cookie recipes, the Platter Talk Kids are here for the rescue. 12-year-old twins Nate and Asher put these together for a farmer’s market a couple of weeks ago and once you try their recipe I think you too will agree: These just may be the best chocolate chip cookies, ever!
These chewy chocolate chip cookies just may be the best cookies you’ve ever tasted.
Our guys have put this easy cookie recipe together a few times now and each time they make them the whole family is amazed at their big chocolate flavor and chewy goodness.
The twins found this recipe from Betty Crocker but like their dads they are learning to make small tweaks here and there to take a good recipe and make it even better.
Easy recipes for kids
This easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies is perfect for the novice or expert baker. Our boy are crossing that line, at the ripe old age of 12. In fact, here are a few more recipes that our kids have made that you are sure to enjoy.
- Supernatural Fudge Brownies
- Homemade Blueberry Pie
- Easy Calzones Recipe
- Easy Marble Cake Recipe from Scratch
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
The Platter Talk Kids at a recent farmer’s market.
- Cooking and Meal Ideas for Kids to Make
- Kid-Friendly Recipes
- Simple Recipes for Kids
- Strawberry Pie
- All About Chocolate
Baking powder and baking soda are both common kitchen ingredients. Click this link to learn about the difference between baking powder and baking soda.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Using a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, vanilla and egg. Fold in flour, baking soda and salt. If using a stand mixer, mix on low setting.
- Using ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Allow to cool slightly and place on wire rack.