Cream of mushroom meatballs are the perfect weeknight meal. Jazz them up with some minced garlic and sour cream and you have a new family favorite on your table.
Read on and I'll show you just how fast and easy this recipe with frozen meatballs goes together!
As those of you who are parents know, weekends can be challenging with kids. You have to balance all of the things that got put off around the house during the week, as well as fulfilling your children's social calendar. In the background, planning what to feed the kids is always on our minds.
These cream of mushroom meatballs recipe is easy, cheap, and very convenient. It's no wonder that this meatball stroganoff is a favorite family meal at our home and with our readers!
How to make them
(Full Recipe is at the end of the post)
- Add the cream of mushroom soup to a large saucepan, along with the other sauce ingredients.
- Add a bag of frozen meatballs.
- Stir them in and make sure they are covered with the sauce.
- Cover the pot and bring to a low simmer until the meatballs are cooked through.
Our favorite way to enjoy this meal is over a bed of egg noodles. But you can use rice as well, or just plain!
You can make cream of mushroom meatballs in crockpot.
Pour the ingredients except for the sour cream into your slow cooker.
Cook on medium setting for 4 to six hours, until done.
Add the sour cream 30 minutes before serving.
No. You can make these meatballs directly from the freezer. Either with the stovetop or crockpot method.
If you’ve tried this Cream of Mushroom Meatballs Recipe or any other recipe on Platter Talk, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below, we love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what we have cooking.
Cream of Mushroom Meatballs
- 1 bag frozen Italian meatballs precooked
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup low sodium
- 1 can water
- 1-2 TBS minced garlic
- ¼ red wine optional
- 8 oz low fat sour cream
- egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot add the cream of mushroom soup.
- Using one of the cans add water to the can and add to the cream of mushroom soup.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Add minced garlic, wine and sour cream. Stir to blend the mixture. Mixture should be creamy.
- Add frozen meatballs to the sauce, making sure to cover all the meatballs with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low/medium heat until the meatballs are heated throughout and the sauce is hot, making sure to stir occassionally.
- Prepare egg noodles accordingly to directions on package.
- Serve meatballs with sauce over egg noodles.
- You can add the frozen meatballs directly to the pot, when making this recipe.
- Serving suggestions:
- Egg noodles
- As a meal or appetizer