Old fashioned corn pudding is a fast and easy Thanksgiving side dish. This simple recipe is filled with the fall flavors of sweet corn and goes well with just about any main dish.
As a bonus, you can put this together the night before and slip it in the oven an hour before dinner-time!
What is it?
This rich and creamy corn pudding is a perfect balance of sweet and savory.
What’s in it?
Eggs and heavy whipping cream form this corn pudding into a heavenly sweet and savory side dish. A little baking powder gives it a little rise and some seasoning of your choice makes it yours!
There are 6 eggs in this recipe and a little bit of flour to help thicken it up. The result is a custard-like side dish the whole family gobbles up.
How to make it
(See the full recipe at the end of this post.)
Bake this corn pudding in a 9 x 13 casserole dish or give it a rustic flair and use a large cast-iron skillet as well. You can also use a Dutch oven.
To make this, you’ll use a couple of mixing bowls. But I’m not gonna lie, I’ve made this many times using just a single bowl and adding all of the ingredients together. How simple is that?!
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the cream.
- Add the corn.
- Stir in the dry ingredients
The last step, before eating this corn pudding, is baking it for about 45 minutes. Until it’s a golden-brown and delicious-looking color!
Pro Kitchen Tips
- Use large eggs and make sure they are at room temperature. This will help enhance the baking process. Here is an easy way to quickly get eggs to room temperature.
- For added convenience, use a bag of frozen corn. (Make sure you thaw it first.)
- Be sure to grease the bottom and sides of your baking dish, to keep it from sticking.
- To save time on Thanksgiving, put this together the night before. Seal and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake the next day.
Common recipe questions
You can use canned corn for this recipe. Make sure you drain off the liquid before adding it to the mix!
This easy side dish goes great with anything. Here are a few of our favorite recipes to serve with it:
🧑🍳 Tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏭️ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬 Get our recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Old Fashioned Corn Pudding
- 9 x 13 baking pan
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Using a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs using a fork. Stir in the whipping cream and butter and then gradually add the flour mixture. Stir until well-combined and smooth. Next, stir in the corn and additional seasonings.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute (or until warm.)
- Reheat in the oven, covered in foil, mat 300° F for 12 minutes.
- On the stove-top over medium-high heat, in a saute pan.