This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
Parmesan Sausage Bread Bowls –
Cold weather is the perfect time for food that warms your body and your soul. We’ve created a brand new recipe with just the right amount of heat to keep you warm all over. These Parmesan Sausage Bread Bowls can be put together and ready to eat in about 30 minutes. Your local Walmart makes all of these ingredients available close by and for a price that won’t break the bank.
Parmesan Sausage Bread Bowls
Like many of you reading this, we are a busy family. Besides being composed of two working parents, we have a table full of kids that need feeding – morning, noon, and night. Convenience, cost, and of course taste are all important factors in planning our family meals. With a little imagination and a quick trip to Walmart, it’s amazing some of the things you can come up with, like this these Parmesan Sausage Bread Bowls.
Like a lot of kids, our boys love good dinner rolls. As I was strolling through the fresh bakery section of Walmart, I came across some (really) large hard rolls. Not knowing exactly what I would do with them, but knowing our guys would love them, they ended up in my cart.
I found myself in front of a display of RO*TEL and then my appetite and my imagination kicked into full gear. With a couple cans of RO*TEL in my cart and just a few other staples, I was on my way home and that’s when some really delicious things started to happen.
With just a few other ingredients on hand, we were ready to go and I just knew this new creation was going to be a big hit with our kids. I love it when I’m right!
Making these Parmesan Sausage Bread Bowls could hardly be any easier. Take a look!
(full recipe at end of post)
Chop the onion
Brown the sausage, with the sautéed onion.
Stir in a can of RO*TEL to the the mixture.
Stir in a can of black beans and the tomato paste, heat to thicken and reduce.
Create bowls from the large hard rolls.
Place RO*TEL and sausage mixture into bread bowls and top with Parmesan cheese, before placing in oven.
While these Parmesan Sausage Bread Bowls are taking a short bake in the oven, it’s the perfect time to turn those leftover hard roll bits and pieces into homemade breadcrumbs! It only takes a minute and this method outlined by Scott in the video below makes great use of leftovers while saving you money at the same time!
These Parmesan Sausage Bread Bowls come out of the oven, and they are ready to eat!
Our guys loved these, even the younger ones, proclaiming that there was “just the right amount of kick” in them. Not too spicy but just right! Give these Parmesan Sausage Bread Bowls a try, please be sure and let us know what you think of them!
What are your secrets to making great tasting and easy to make comfort foods for your family? We would love to know. Please leave a comment to tell us, below. For other wonderful and easy recipes, be sure to look here!
Parmesan Sausage Bread Bowls
- 1 can RO*TEL Original flavor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium size white onion coarse chop
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained
- 1-2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 6 large hard rolls
- Italian flat leaf parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in medium size skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions, sautée until soft and translucent
- Add sausage to pan, sir and brown.
- Stir in RO*TEL Original and black beans, add tomato paste to thicken a bit.
- Reduce heat to low, stir occasionally allow remaining liquid to reduce..
- Using serrated knife, carefully cut tops off from hard rolls. Use table fork to gently scrape out insides of each roll to create a bowl. Reserve leftover tops and inside of rolls for breadcrumbs for later use (optional kitchen hack.)
- Place bread bowls on a large cookie sheet.
- Fill each bowl with with RO*TEL and sausage mixture.
- Top each bread bowl with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven and bake 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with optional Italian parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately.