White chocolate dipped ginger cookies have been a part of our collection of Christmas cookies for decades.
If you have any worries about getting on Santa's nice list this year, here's your solution. These are the best ginger cookies ever and work for me year after year!
What are these?
These old-fashioned Christmas cookies are made with a combination of ginger and molasses. To add some extra fun and yum, they are dipped in a bath of smooth white chocolate.
What's in them
Before getting started, take a look at our in-house professionally-trained chef's review on how to make cookies for beginners.)
How to make these
This is a very easy Christmas cookie recipe. All you need to do is mix the cookie ingredients, bake them, dip them, then dunk them!
These easy ginger cookies are laced with molasses and finished off with a smooth half-coat of sweet frosting made from white baking chips.
These ginger cookies are dipped in white chocolate, so you know they are fun to make and even more fun to eat! (If you're a fan of white chocolate, be sure and check out our hot chocolate fudge!)
Common recipe questions
White chocolate is usually sold in bar form and contains cocoa butter as an ingredient. White baking chips cannot be labeled as chocolate because they do not contain any cocoa butter. You can use either for this recipe.
If you store these in an air-tight container, these white chocolate dipped ginger cookies will last up to 10 to 14 days, making them idea for a Christmas cookie exchange.
These can be made ahead, frozen, and then served for the holidays to save you some time. Simply wrap and seal them in an air-tight container and thaw on the countertop when ready to use.
Of course! We are free thinkers here and lovers of all things chocolate. Use your favorite flavor.
More Christmas cookie recipes
- Cherry Christmas Cookies
- Holiday Buckeyes
- Pfeffernüsse German Christmas Cookies
- Pecan Snowflake Cookies
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies
For the Cookies
- 2 cups Sugar plus more to roll cookies
- 1.5 cups Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- ½ cup Molasses
- 4 cups Flour
- 4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Ground ginger
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
For the White Chocolate Dip
- 24 oz White baking chips (2 12 oz bags)
- ¼ cup shortening
For the Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Use a large mixing bowl and combine all cookie ingredients. Mix until well combined. Roll the dough into ¾ balls and roll in sugar. Place 12 cookies on a baking sheet, evenly spaced apart and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until firm. Place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool and prepare the frosting.
For the Frosting
- Use a small sauce pan and melt the shortening over low heat. Add the vanilla baking chips and stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Dip ½ of each cookie into the melted chips and allow them to dry on parchment paper or a cooling rack.
Abbe@This is How I Cook
Sound wonderful Dan! Can't wait to try them!
Dan from Platter Talk
Abbe, Thanks for the comments, I know you'll love these cookies!