Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe is an easy and convenient dish to put together. While scaling this version down in terms of fat and calories, we kept all of the flavors to ensure this entrée is one that you and your family will love.
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
Traditional tetrazzini often involves shredded poultry such as chicken or turkey, prepared in a cream sauce with any combination of nuts and shredded cheese and served over noodles. Seafood can also be used in lieu of poultry.
Additionally, it can be baked, like our easy chicken tetrazzini recipe, and served as a casserole.
We always prefer knowing where our ingredients come from, just one reason we used our own chicken stock. Ever wondered what the difference is between a stock and broth? We can help you out with that question! Click the photo above for our related Food Flash!
If you know anything about our modern family, you know it's composed of two working dads and six growing boys. (Let us not forget Buddy Guy, our small in size/big in self-perception chihuahua.) That said, there is always something cooking or being planned for mealtime in our household. Convenience is key, as is taste and flavor.
As mentioned earlier, we went low fat on this one, not necessarily with intention but rather as a result of what we had on hand. A couple of cans of soup, some chicken broth, a rotisserie chicken, and maybe a little skim milk are the key ingredients to this easy chicken tetrazzini recipe.
Being who I am, I sauteed a few baby portabella mushrooms and threw in a blend of grated, hard, Italian cheeses. Although this easy chicken tetrazzini recipe isn't Italian in origin (in name only), it will make you want to say, "Delizioso!" It's highly unlikely there will be any leftovers when you make this. It freezes well, so consider making a double batch while you're at it.
One for your evening meal and one for the freezer. I think you'll really enjoy this easy chicken tetrazzini recipe. Our boys devoured it, their dads did as well. And although you didn't hear it from me, Buddy may have even had a bite or two. This one is hard to resist. -Dan
More great chicken recipes
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth or better yet, make your own stock like we did.
- 1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 can low fat cream of celery soup optional
- ¼ cup milk we use skim
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 8 ounces spaghetti cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated hard Italian cheese
- ½ cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high setting and sautée mushrooms.
- Stir in flour and cans of soup; gradually add the chicken broth while continuing to stir for a couple of minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the milk, parsley, salt, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Fold in the chicken, spaghetti and grated cheese.
- Turn into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.