This #HalftimeHero creation is brought to you by Farm Rich. All opinions expressed are my own. Make this Meatball Stromboli your halftime hero at this year’s big game.
Mid-January always brings with it a couple of things that we can count on. Things like a few more seconds of daylight each day, intense weather, intense football, and hearty seasonal food that is full of warmth and comfort. These are all a part of the winter season.
Italian Meatball Stromboli
With the combination of these factors in mind, we took a couple of delicious food products from Farm Rich and put together what is certain to be the Halftime Hero of this year’s big game. Italian Meatball Stromboli features Farm Rich Italian Style Meatballs and is a fast, warm, and delicious hot sandwich that is destined to be the MVP of your big game halftime menu.
We’ve all got a halftime hero in our life. Mine is my spouse and best friend. He’s the one that keeps the wheels turning smoothly in our household of six boys and one cantankerous and self-entitled chihuahua named Buddy Guy. Between school pick-ups and drop-offs, grocery shopping and menu planning, my halftime hero makes the life of our family run at an immeasurably smoother tempo. Who’s your halftime hero?
Halftime heroes can come in all forms. We discovered through this easy and flavorful Italian Meatball Stromboli recipe that Farm Rich products make for a great #Halftimehero in the kitchen. Using wholesome ingredients that are quickly frozen for optimal taste and flavor, their tasty products bring you quality and convenience, giving you more time to enjoy the important things in life like cheering on your favorite team during this season’s big game.
Be sure and visit the Farm Rich Game Day Page for more great recipes for this season’s big game!
How to Make Italian Meatball Stromboli
Start by sauteing some baby portabella mushrooms.
Lightly brown some Farm Rich Italian Style Meatballs.
Roll out a store-bought, fresh pizza dough and spread your favorite marinara down the center.
Place the mushrooms and browned meatballs atop the strip of marinara.
Add optional roasted red peppers and cover with cheese.
Wrap the stromboli and brush with an egg bath.
Pop the Italian Meatball Stromboli in a hot oven and bake until golden brown.
Italian Meatball Stromboli
Besides their Italian Meatballs that we used in this recipe, we served a few other great tasting halftime eats including Farm Rich Loaded Potato Skins (serious football food)! Let’s just say that our family and my own halftime hero in particular were all blown away by their taste and flavor. No one could believe these Loaded Potato Skins came from the freezer section of our local grocer.
If you’re a busy family like ours, you too will learn that Farm Rich celebrates and promotes “doing it your way.” Making easy and convenient snack foods that taste great, Farm Rich offers a variety of feel-good foods that you can be sure your kids are going to love. Whether it’s at your halftime party table or in between soccer games and band practice, you’re sure to find something from Farm Rich that will fit perfectly into your family life and on your dinner table.
Be sure and enter for your chance to win a year’s supply of Farm Rich snacks for all of your game day needs! Simply share your #HalftimeHero snack/app idea via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest using the hashtag (via photos or text).
Italian Meatball Stromboli
- 1 bag Farm Rich Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 store-bought fresh pizza dough
- 1 cup marinara sauce plus more for dipping
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper strips optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400° F with baking stone in oven. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat and saute mushrooms for five minutes until tender and then remove from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, brown meatballs for about five minutes over medium heat while stirring with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Tear a long rectangular sheet of parchment paper and roll dough out to approximately 9 x 13 inches. Use a large tablespoon to slather about 1/2 of the marinara sauce down center of dough, about 2-3 inches in width. Place single layer of mushrooms on marinara sauce and then place meatballs (about 2 abreast) on top of mushrooms and sauce. Reserve remaining mushrooms to serve as a side to the stromboli. Place optional roasted red pepper strips over meatballs and cover with remaining marinara sauce and fresh oregano. Place slices of cheese over sauce.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 1" strips of dough on each side of stromboli contnts, To wrap the stromboli, fold the ends in first and then wrap alternate strips of dough over top (like a shoe lace) between left and right. Brush stromboli with egg wash and then place pizza peel under parchment paper and slide parchment paper with stromboli onto hot baking stone.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with warm marinara sauce and cold beverage of your choice.
The base of this recipe is simply the Italian style meatballs, marinara sauce, pizza dough, and cheese. All other ingredients (mushrooms and peppers etc are optional.) Make this stromboli your own and fill it with ingredients that you prefer.
Provolone cheese can be substituted with Mozzarella cheese or once again, any cheese of your choosing.