Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
- 4 cups fresh peach slices peeled
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- cinnamon and/or nutmeg to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large sauce pan, bring peaches, 1 cup of sugar, and cinnamon or nutmeg to boil, stirring constantly.
- In 9" x 13" baking pan, melt butter.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, remaining 1 cup of sugar, and milk.
- Mix until all dry ingredients are moist.
- Pour batter into baking pan, being sure to distribute evenly.
- Pour peach mixture over batter.
- Place in oven and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm or refrigerate for later use.