Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large sauce pan, bring peaches, 1 cup of sugar, and cinnamon or nutmeg to boil, stirring constantly.
- In 9" x 13" baking pan, melt butter.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, remaining 1 cup of sugar, and milk.
- Mix until all dry ingredients are moist.
- Pour batter into baking pan, being sure to distribute evenly.
- Pour peach mixture over batter.
- Place in oven and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm or refrigerate for later use.
- Add a cup of other fresh fruit if you like. In preparing this recipe, I tossed in some blueberries which contributed some nice color and flavor to the recipe.
- Out of ground cinnamon? (As I was.) Place a couple of cinnamon sticks in the sauce pan with the peaches, then bake with the rest of the ingredients.
- Have vanilla ice cream on hand to accompany this cobbler.