Pumpkin Roulade with Ginger Butter Cream is A Platter Talk Reader's Circle Recipe - Readers sharing their recipes on Platter Talk
Pumpkin Roulade with Ginger Butter Cream -
This holiday dessert was sent to us by Amy from Neenah, Wisconsin. Her Pumpkin Roulade with Ginger Butter Cream features a filling of mascarpone cheese and heavy cream, laced with crystallized ginger. Perfect for fall and the holidays, this Pumpkin Roulade with Ginger Butter Cream is certain to be a hit with your family and guests. Thank you, Amy, for sharing this fantastic recipe with the Platter Talk Reader's Circle!
Pumpkin Roulade with Ginger Butter Cream
For the cake
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin not pie filling
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar plus extra for dusting
For the filling
- 12 ounces Italian mascarpone cheese
- 1 ¼ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup minced dried crystallized ginger not in syrup
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 18 by 1-inch sheet pan. Line the pan with parchment paper and grease and flour the paper.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt and stir to combine. Place the eggs and granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes, until light yellow and thickened. With the mixer on low, add the pumpkin, then slowly add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Finish mixing the batter by hand with a rubber spatula. Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake the cake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the top springs back when gently touched.
- While the cake is baking, lay out a clean, thin cotton dish towel on a flat surface and sift the entire ¼ cup of confectioners' sugar evenly over it. (This will prevent the cake from sticking to the towel.) As soon as you remove the cake from the oven, loosen it around the edges and invert it squarely onto the prepared towel. Peel away the parchment paper. With a light touch, roll the warm cake and the towel together (don't press!) starting at the short end of the cake. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the mascarpone, confectioners' sugar, and cream together for about a minute, until light and fluffy. Stir in the crystallized ginger, and salt.
- To assemble, carefully unroll the cake onto a board with the towel underneath. Spread the cake evenly with the filling. Reroll the cake in a spiral using the towel as a guide. Remove the towel and trim the ends to make a neat edge. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve sliced.
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/pumpkin-roulade-with-ginger-buttercream-recipe.html?oc=linkback
Tina Dawson | Love is in my Tummy
Ginger & pumpkin - Oh my, these flavours are to die for!
Dan from Platter Talk
Tina, they are a delicious autumn combo for sure; thanks so much for leaving your comments on Platter Talk.
Fall is here! Pumpkin is necessary! I love pumpkin rolls ... they're one of my secret addictions. Thanks for sharing your great recipe - I love the idea of ginger in the cream filling!
Dan from Platter Talk
Many thanks, Noel. We always appreciate hearing from you here on Platter Talk.
Mmmm I am loving the sound of this! This would be perfect with an afternoon coffee 🙂
Dan from Platter Talk
... or tea or milk or juice or... 🙂 Thanks so much for the great comments, Elizabeth and for stopping by Platter Talk.
justine @ Full Belly SIsters
Perfect dessert for fall entertaining!
This is a beautiful dessert with flavors of fall..
Looks wonderful...I love pumpkin recipes and this one looks tasty.
This dessert is packed with fall flavors!
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry
I can't believe that I have never made pumpkin bread. Must try this like now.
Oooh!! Yum! This looks fantastic 🙂
Love this yummy roulade! The pumpkin and ginger are a knockout together!