Pumpkin cheesecake brownies are a fall treat that you have to make. You can make these in less than an hour and they come from Betty Crocker. So you know they have to be a classic!
It was at a fall farmer's market where I became inspired to make these pumpkin brownies. Everywhere I looked, I saw pumpkins. Big gourds, small gourds, decorative gourds. Gourds, gourds, gourds.
You know what they say, right? When handed a pumpkin, make pumpkin brownies. O.K., no one says that, but I am taking just a small amount of artistic license with the phrasing.
Our cottage is very comfortable, but I have to say our kitchen at the cottage is not as well equipped as our kitchen at home. Don’t get me wrong, it is very nice. Because of this, I knew that I wanted to make this as easy as possible.
Also, I did not want to spend my Saturday in the kitchen. Who does? I had a book calling my name. This recipe uses a standard boxed brownie mix and canned pumpkin. You really can’t get any easier than that.
What's in them
Mix in a couple of eggs here, some cream cheese there, some vegetable oil and a couple of other standard ingredients, which everyone has in their pantry and voila the pumpkin brownie was born. Quick and easy and ever so delicious. A great treat for the fall, or for anytime you need your chocolate and pumpkin fix.
With dessert made, I leave you so that I can get to that book I’ve been trying to finish. Who am I kidding? I am going back to bed. -Scott
Other delicious brownie recipes
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Smores Brownies
- Supernatural Fudge Brownies Recipe Video & Platter Talk Kids
- Blueberry Vanilla Pudding Blondies
- #Blueberry & Chocolate Cheese #Brownie Cake
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
for the brownie portion
- 2 boxes brownie mix
- 1.5 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, beat all filling ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box, using ingredients as listed above.
- Spread ¾ of the batter in pan. Spoon filling by tablespoonfuls evenly over batter. Spoon remaining brownie batter over filling. Cut through batter several times with knife for marbled design.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.