Spaghetti Caprese con Pomodori Marinati is a simple celebration of the season. Using just a few ingredients, you can enjoy a fast and delicious taste of summer.
What is this?
Since we are celebrating the season of fresh farmers market produce, we came up with this Spaghetti Caprese con Pomodori Marinati. It is a jazzed up version of Caprese salad with pasta added to it. As you may recall, a week or so ago we showed you how to take fresh farmers market tomatoes and marinate them. In case you are wondering how we made these fresh bites of summer, you’ll want to click the following photo of these juicy reds:
We used that recipe to make one of summer’s best fruits even more flavorful. These are probably one of the best uses of cherry tomatoes that we’ve ever tasted. Thus, another farmers market sensation is born.
Using our marinated tomatoes, we combined the other customary ingredients of Caprese salad. Basil and fresh mozzarella always go well together. To those, we added some fresh and juicy flavorful tomatoes and BAM! Spaghetti Caprese con Pomodori Marinati is born. Once you give this one a taste, you’re going to agree. It is nothing less than a bona fide summer sensation. As you will find out, it’s beautifully delicious.
What’s in this?
- Spaghetti or the pasta of your choice
- Marinated tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese.
- That’s it!
You see, I wasn’t kidding when I told you how simple this dish is to make. As we’ve talked about many times before here on Platter Talk, simple is often best. It seems like this mantra holds true in the kitchen as well as anywhere. I hope you celebrate summer this weekend. This spaghetti with marinated tomatoes and fresh mozzarella is a great place to start! -Dan
Be sure and try this!
Other delicious pasta recipes
- Spaghetti Pie Casserole with Homemade Sauce
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara
- 15 Minute Creamy Pasta with Ham and Peas
- Wonton Wrapper Sausage and Ricotta Ravioli
Spaghetti Caprese con Pomodori Marinati (Marinated Tomatoes)
- 8 oz. cooked pasta
- ½ cup small mozzarella balls
- 1 cup of our marinated tomatoes
- a handful fresh basil leaves ribbon cut
- Cook pasta as direct on package. Drain and return to pot.
- Spoon in marinated tomatoes and desired amount of vinaigrette, add mozzarella balls.
- Garnish with sliced basil leaves and serve immediately.