Be sure and click the photo above for one of our latest cookie creations!
Just to keep thing interesting, this post is not about a cookie per se, perhaps something more between a cookie and a pie. Yes, this post is about Holiday Wonton Kisses.
Let’s face it, this time of year in particular, our pantries are stocked. With all the fixings for our favoite cookies, a pie here and there, and of course an over abundance of confectons, the sky seems to be the limit with what we can put togeteher to keep our ovens and stove tops in good use.
These wonton kisses are a hybrid of sorts. Part pie, part candy, and part cookie. Sounds like a veritable trifecta, if you will. Just two simple and classic holiay components make up these bite-size treats: Pie pastry and Hershey Kisses.
To make them, you can simply purchase a refrigerated pie crust from the store (unless you’re me) and a package of Hershey Kisses. I found some pie crusts inside the coolers of my favorite grocery store. I even held them in my hands.
Yet, I just could not do it. Call me crazy, perhaphs it’s the lingering Mennonite in me – I can’t say for certain. However, I can say this, given the choice betweeen commerically prepared and frozen versus 3 cups of flour and a half cup of shortening form my own pantry, along with a couple of other ingredients, I’m going to mix it up myself. Every. Single. Time.
Link here for a live television demonstration of this recipe from The Guys from Platter Talk!
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
- 1 package Hershey Kisses
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- homemade pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten (for wash)
- color sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thaw pie crusts and roll to ¼ inch thickness on lightly floured, clean surface.
- Use drinking glass or coffee mug with 3 - 3/12 inch diameter, or cookie cutter of similar size, score and cut dough.
- Place a kiss in the center of each dough round
- Create wonton by folding opposing sides of dough around chocolate, seal each end by pinching dough together tightly.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Brush each wonton with egg wash, and sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes
- Place wontons on cooling rack.
Want to make your own crust? Check out my pie dough recipe at the end of this post.