This Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe goes together in just a few minutes and not surprisingly it disappears nearly as fast.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
This recipe for chicken noodle casserole is a good example that busy parents don’t have to sacrifice a quality meal that their whole family will enjoy. This meal comes under the fast and easy recipe category but even more important, your kids will love it. You’re going to like how easy this one goes together.
Ingredients for this Chicken Noodle Casserole:
- Cooked chicken
- Cream of chicken soup
- Peas (or other frozen vegetables)
- Salt & Pepper
- Egg Noodles
- Bread crumbs
- Italian (flat leaf) parsley (optional)
We had some chicken breasts in our freezer which is what we used for this chicken noodle casserole recipe. A rotisserie chicken from the grocery store would work just as well and notch up the convenience factor even further.
The rest of the ingredients listed above are all basic and ones that you likely have on hand already. The peas can be substituted for a vegetable of your choice and if you don’t have parsley, don’t sweat it!
The chopped up green leafs add a little color and flavor to the recipe but it can easily be omitted without taking away a lot from the dish.
Egg noodles are one of the most useful kitchen stables for working mom and dads who have a table full of hungry kids at the end of a long day of work. They cook up in just minutes and make a great meal out of ordinary ingredients that many of us have in stock most of the time.
Take a look at this food video that should you just how quickly and a easy this chicken noodle casserole goes together.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 lb chicken cooked and cubed
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (or one family-size can)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp Italian parasley (Optional) fine chop
- 16 oz wide egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine chicken, soup, and 1 cup of cheese in a small mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and gently stir in peas and salt and pepper.
- Prepare egg noodles as directed on package. Drain and place in large mixing bowl. Stir in chicken mixture and milk until completely mixed-in.
- Prepare a 9" x 11" casserole dish with a non-stick spray. Evenly distribute noodles mixture in pan. Evenly sprinkle remaining cheese on top of casserole, then top evenly with bread crumb and optional parsley.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.