These Italian mushrooms are a terrific way to start any special meal. They're light, full of flavor, and very easy to put together.
They make an ideal start for a holiday dinner or a casual get-together. The best part, you can put this easy appetizer together in just 20 minutes for about $5.00!
About this recipe
These light-tasting Italian mushrooms are easy to make and full of lively flavors. Bathed in a mixture of light lemon-cream sauce and capers, they will have you saying deliziosa! as soon as they hit your palate.
You'll want to make these Italian mushrooms starters for your next special get-together. They will impress your guests and they pair well with anything.
- They are fast and easy to make. 20 minutes from start to finish.
- They have great flavor. The capers and lemons play well together.
- They are affordable. Put this together for around $5.
This appetizer or snack of lemon caper portabella buttons has an Italian flair to it, although it pairs well with anything. Beef Recipes, chicken dinners, pork entrees, or turkey recipes, are all good follow-ups to this fast and easy appetizer.
But let's not forget snacks and appetizers! These Italian mushrooms are a great alternative to the usual chips and salsa.
These will make a welcome addition to any food or course.
Don't think these easy Italian mushrooms are just there for backup though, they are tasty enough to stand on their own as well. They are perfect for a light snack or an easy side dish for lunch.
My biggest piece of advice for preparing these Italian mushrooms: make a double batch. They disappear quickly. -Dan
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Easy Italian Mushrooms Appetizer
- 8 oz whole baby portabella mushrooms stems on and brushed clean
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon shallot thinly sliced
- juice from 1 fresh leomn
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley coarse chop, divided.
- Using large saute pan, heat butter over medium high heat and saute mushrooms, garlic and shallot for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure an even saute.
- Add wine, stir in lemon juice, cream and capers. Bring to low simmer then reduce heat.
- Allow to cook another 10 minutes, stirring in flour to desired thickness.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Use tongs to plate and drizzle sauce over mushrooms.
- Garnish with remaining parsley.