This roasted kale recipe is so easy to make that you may have a hard time believing that it is good for you.
What may reinforce that thought is when your kids ask you to make it again. And again.
If you read Platter Talk regularly, you probably have tuned into the fact that we are not exactly health food fanatics.
You likely also know that we are not necessarily opposed to promoting healthy eating and in fact, every once in a while we sneak in a good-for-you recipe or food idea.
The soup recipe uses just a handful of different vegetables, including kale.
I had so much of the dark, green and leafy power food leftover that I decided to try something new to me. Enter, this Roasted Kale Recipe and be still my beating heart.
In This Roasted Kale Recipe
- Chopped baby kale
- Fresh garlic slices
- Kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar
Using the leftover chopped baby kale, I tossed it in some olive oil, added some fresh garlic slices and kosher salt and then roasted it in a hot oven. All slathered in an aged balsamic vinegar.
The results were stunningly delicious. Crispy, sweet and green, it was almost inconceivable that this Roasted Kale Recipe is also good for you.
As a plus, for the Winter Garden Soup that we put together, it made for an excellent garnish, instead of bread or crackers.
Get your healthy green on, with this Roasted Kale Recipe.
Wondering how to prepare kale? How about one of these:
- Steamed Kale
- Toasted Cheese Sandwich with Kale, Caramelized Onions, and Fennel
- Kale and Egg Bruschetta
- Quinoa and Kale Stuffed Squash
- Baked Egg and Portabella with Braised Kale
More Great Roasted Vegetable Recipes:
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts from Kevin is Cooking
- Oven-Roasted Carrots from Bunny’s Warm Oven
- Roasted Parmesan Green Beans from Skinny Taste
Roasted Kale Recipe
- 2 cups baby kale chopped
- 2 cloves garlic thin slice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt to taste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar qulaity aged
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Toss first four ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Spread mixture, in a single layer, on a large rimmed baking sheet. Slather with balsamic vinegar.
- Roast in hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until kale begins to crisp. Remove from oven and serve immediately.