Avocado and egg is a popular combination by itself.
Add some roasted baby asparagus, a touch of sweet balsamic vinegar and a dash of fresh ground black pepper, and you have yourself a fast and healthy lunch using just three main ingredients!
Avocado and Egg
I put this easy avocado recipe together as part of a new journey I am taking.
A trip back to the person I was before I started Platter Talk six years and (over) 50 pounds ago.
I’m not doing it alone though; I’m using Noom, a phone app that I heard about and thought I would give a try.
Although I may be sharing a few principles of healthy eating that are covered in Noom, I’m not writing this post for Noom, and I don’t have any affiliation with them.
I’m writing it for me, and you.
This healthy avocado recipe goes together quickly, uses just a few ingredients, and it’s full of good nutrients! How could a quick lunch at home get any better?
If you are following the Noom plan, this entire lunch is in the yellow zone.
If you’re interested in trying Noom, use this link and save 20%!
Avocado and Egg Lunch
- 1 Avocado Peeled, sliced into 8 wedges
- 1 Egg poached
- 8 stalks Baby asparagus roasted
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper fresh ground
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Place baby asparagus on small baking sheet, pour a little olive oil over it and shake and roll a bit, to help coat the stalks. Pour a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over the stalks and roll them in it.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Next place the asparagus in the oven, for 5 to 7 minutes, taking care to not leave it in too long! Poach the egg for about 3 minutes.
- While the egg is poaching and asparagus is in the oven, peel and wedge the avocado and place on a plate in spiral form.
- Place asparagus between wedges of avocado, and plate the poached egg in the center. Garnish with fresh ground black pepper and additional balsamic vinegar if desired.