Apple Meatloaf Recipe
on Sep 27, 2019, Updated Oct 13, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Apple Meatloaf is a spin on a traditional meatloaf recipe with an Amish-inspired twist making it perfect for fall.
Today I’m showing you how to make meatloaf using one of our favorite autumn treats that come from my Amish and Mennonite roots: Apple butter.
Read on to learn how this apple meatloaf with ground turkey and beef will feed eight people for under $2 per serving in about an hour!
What is it
We make this tasty meatloaf recipe with one of our favorite Amish and Mennonite condiments: Apple Butter.
Our Honeycrisp apple tree is looking pretty promising, with a good amount of juicy appearing, tennis ball-sized apples starting to weight down the branches.
Still, they aren’t ready to be picked yet and won’t be for a few more weeks.
With frost warnings in tomorrow’s forecast and temperatures only in the low 50’s it seems a good time to start thinking of fall recipes.
I’m the first to acknowledge that I’m not the most creative guy in the world.
As if I wasn’t aware of this on my own, I’m frequently reminded by Scott that I just didn’t get “the gene.”
Lucky for me that I have him around.
There are exceptions to every rule, however, and tonight I’m taking the liberty of declaring one for myself.
With all this in mind, it seems like a good time to channel my Mennonite heritage and come up with this Amish Meatloaf to share with you.
Our kids love a good meatloaf recipe, and in all honesty, our friends love it when we make it for them.
But we’ve never made it like this before.
What’s in it
- Ground Turkey
- Ground Beef
- Apple Butter
- Cheddar Cheese
- Rolled Oats
- Sweet Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
Beautifully brown and sweet apple butter, combined in a bowl of ground beef and ground turkey, all mixed in with a freshly sliced apple and some mild onion and sweet peppers.
This has all the ingredients for an easy meatloaf recipe that is tailor-made for fall.
Get your apple on, try this delicious meatloaf recipe soon!
Other recipes that use apples
- Oatmeal Bars with Apple Butter Filling
- Apple Butter Muffins
- Baked Spareribs with Apple-Celery Stuffing
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 small sweet bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into fine shavings
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook onions and peppers until soft and translucent, about five minutes. Set aside.
- In medium size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients using hands to thoroughly mix.
- Prepare a loaf pan with a non-stick coating and place meat mixture in pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Spread thin layer of apple butter over meat loaf if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.