There’s something special about the aroma of scalloped potatoes, as it drifts from your kitchen to every room in the house. It’s almost like the way a loyal pet can make a house a home. This Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe does the same thing. Using this recipe you can return from a long day away and know instantly that you are home.
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Growing up, Scalloped Potatoes was a standard meal in our home. It’s easy, it’s economical, and it’s deliciously satisfying for young and old alike. This past weekend while at our lake cottage I learned one more wonderful fact about this dish: You can make it in a slow cooker
If you’ve ever given pause to consider the wonderful meals you can create in a slow cooker, often times for a buck or two per serving, it’s truly remarkable. With this Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe, we are thrilled to learn of one more creation that can be added to that very special mix.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes & Ham Recipe Cook’s Secret:
How to make Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes & Ham
(full recipe at end of post)
- Turn slow cooker on high setting, spray inside of crock with non-stick spray.
- Peel the potatoes, allow to soak in water until you slice them. Thinly slice onion and have some flour ready to sprinkle, in a small kitchen strainer. Place a layer of thinly sliced potatoes in slow cooker, top with a layer of onions, then sprinkle a thin layer of flour.
- Repeat process, adding shredded cheese, bits of cream cheese, ham, salt and pepper.
- Midway through process, pour half of milk and soup mixture over contents of slow cooker. Reserve other half for topping off ingredients just prior to final layer.
- Sprinkle each layer with a little flour, throughout. This will help thicken the scalloped potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 to 8 hours. (If potatoes are too juicy toward end, remove cover and allow to reduce for last 3o minutes. Stir if necessary.)
Much like when I was growing up, our kids love this Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Recipe. They didn’t seem to miss the oven-crisped edges of a bake scalloped potato recipe and if they did, there was certainly no mention of it! Just a lot of “mmmmm’s“, “this is great,” and “we’ve got to put this on Platter Talk!”
On the advise of our kids, we are sharing this Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Recipe with you. Try it and and I think you will understand why our entire family loves this hearty and satisfying meal.
Why we love this Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes & Ham Recipe:
Great for dinner at home
Great for family gatherings or work parties
It’s easy and convenient!
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- 3 to 4 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 lb cooked ham coarsely diced
- 8 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese in small chunks
- 1 family size can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Italian parsley for garnish optional
- Turn slow cooker to high setting.
- Spray inside of crock with non-stick spray.
- Combine soup and milk in small bowl, stir to thoroughly combine, set aside.
- Place layer of potatoes on bottom of crock, top with a layer of onions, salt and pepper, followed by a thinly sprinkled layer of flour.
- Evenly distribute a few chunks of ham, followed by a layer of shredded cheese.
- Repeat process, adding some of the chunks of cream cheese throughout.
- At halfway point, evenly distribute 1/2 of milk and soup mixture on top of contents. Reserve remaining amount.
- Continue layering process and evenly distribute remaining milk and soup mixture at the end, top with a final layer of shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours. Remove cover during last half hour or so, if necessary, to reduce liquid.
- Garnish with optional parsley, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Be sure and check out our Baked Version of Scalloped Potatoes, it’s just as delicious!