Oatmeal bars are an easy dessert recipe and our apple butter filling make them the perfect fall treat.
This recipe for oatmeal bars can be made in just 45 minutes and you probably already have all the ingredients on hand.
Turn your oven on and let’s get these savory oat bars in the oven!
Oatmeal Bars with Apple Butter Filling
A day or so ago we had a childless afternoon in our house, hence I returned home to an unusually quiet home on an unusually frigid day.
The outside temperature never made it above 15 degrees below zero throughout the day and so I decided to use the magical heat of an oven ready to bake.
The kitchen began the transformation to a warm and cozy haven and this is how a new recipe came into the world.
Ingredients for this Oat Bars Recipe
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Brown Sugar
- White Granulated Sugar
- Apple Butter
How to Make these Apple Butter filled Oatmeal Bars
Start by preheating your oven to 350° and then gather all of the ingredients as listed above.
Next, assemple the shortlist of kitchen tools and equipment for this recipe:
- A mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- A 9″ x 9″ baking pan
- Start by placing 2 cups of old-fashioned oatmeal in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Measure and add 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Then add 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Add the salt and cinnamon and mix it all together.
- Then, add and stir in the softened butter.
- Transfer the half of the mixture to a greased 9″ x 9″ baking pan.
- Reseerve the remaining crumbs to use as a topping.
Use the bottom of a drinking glass to firmly pack the base in the pan.
Next, add the magical ingredent: Apple Butter!
Then pat firmly before baking for 30 minutes.
Be sure and try this oatmeal bar cookie recipe; I know you’re going to love it!
Other Great Uses for Apple Butter
- Apple Butter Dredged Pork Cutlets
- Apple Butter Meatloaf
- Rasin Apple Butter Bread
- Scottish Tea Cookes with Apple Butter
- Herb Pork Pinwheels with Apple Butter and Chevre
- Apple Butter Muffins
- Sage and Apple Butter Gnocchi
More Bar Cookies for You to Try
If you’ve tried this Oatmeal Bar Recipe or any other recipe on Platter Talk, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below, we love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what we have cooking.
Oatmeal Bars with Apple Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, sugars, salt and cinnamon.
- Add butter and stir until creamy.
- Pat half of the mixture into baking pan.
- Spread apple butter evenly over crumb layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over apple butter and press down gently.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
Updated from the original post of January 22, 2014